In addition to the usual reviews and comments you would find on a horror movie blog, this is also a document of the wonderfully vast horror movie section of the video store I worked at in my youth.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Schedule Of Fear.


The schedule for next week's Festival Of Fear is now up on the Fan Expo website.  Here's a peek.

Right click to enlarge.

To get into the spirit of things I thought I'd make a Top 5, no screw it, Top 7 list of events I'm most looking forward to at Festival of Fear this year!

7. The Toronto After Dark Film Festival will be announcing the first ten films of this year's lineup at the Fan Expo, so be sure to stop by their booth and catch a sneak peek of what's on tap for October. For more info on the fest, click here.


6. One of my favourite things about the Fan Expo is meeting up with my buddy Schwartz and hitting all the regular vendor tables. It's always good to see familiar faces like Darryl of Twisted T's, Luis of Suspect Video and Mike from Hollywood Canteen. You can be sure they are equally glad to see us, as our wallets are certainly lighter after that weekend.

5. It seems like there are a lot more panels this year. A few that I will make a point to catch are "Collectible Poster Art", "Canadian Horror Revisited", "Gore, Girls and Godforsaken Cinema" and "Inside the Mind of Astron 6".

4. I'm looking forward to the Q&A with The Walking Dead stars Norman ReedusJon Bernthal for another reason than just the obvious. This year will be my teenage niece's first Festival of Fear and right now she is beside herself with excitement to see & meet the man who plays Darryl Dixon; her favourite character on her favourite show. It's going to be fun to see that happen.

3. The Gillian Anderson Q&A. I had to wait almost twenty years for it, but better late than never. It's probably just as well. At the height of my obsession with The X-Files, I may not have been able to handle it.

2. In conjunction with Tony Todd's appearance at the Festival of Fear, there is a 35mm screening of Candyman at the TIFF Lightbox. This is going to be frickin' sweet!


1. Of course number one is reserved for the appearance of the guest of honour, John Carpenter. Finally, after a long absence - and a cancelled appearance at TIFF in 2010 - the master of horror returns to Toronto. It's gonna be magic.


And that is only a sampling of what is available at this year's Fan Expo. For more info, go here.

1 comment:

Show Me State said...

http://tinyurl.com/bnqm2xl