In addition to the usual reviews and comments you would find on a horror movie blog, this is also a document of the wonderfully vast horror movie section of the video store I worked at in my youth.

Monday, September 23, 2013

Back To The Vault.

I took another trip out to Hespeler, ON this weekend to visit The Vault and boy, did I ever make out like a bandit! Zack has been stockpiling stuff over the past few months in preparation for his move to a bigger location and I was like a kid in a candy store. I love visiting The Vault as it is one of the few places left that recalls the video stores of my youth. It also helps that Zack loves VHS as much - if not more - than I do. Here's what I picked up while I was there.


I've been looking for that one for a long time, as the cover has always intrigued me. Sure, it's a bit beat up, but the tape plays fine. I also love that the back has a list of all of Media other available titles.


Anyone who spent any time here knows how much I love this film, so I was chuffed to finally get my hands on an actual VHS of this. Paperhouse still remains one of those titles that has eluded a domestic DVD release.


Here's a couple of eighties anthologies that I loved as a kid.

The rest!

As you can see, this will keep me busy for some time. I look forward to seeing Zack's new location, as he'll finally have floor space to showcase his considerable wares. So, if you've got sometime to kill, The Vault is open weekly Wednesdays to Saturdays and absolutely worth the drive.

No comments: